Monday 16 September 2013

Gospel Meeting 15/09/2013

Mr. Paul Jackson read Matthew 27 vs.45-54, Luke23 vs.33-34,&39-47, and John 19 vs. 25-30.
His subject was the 7 sayings from the cross.
3 addressed to man
3 addressed to God
1 addressed to the whole universe.
1/The Lord Jesus had a very close relationship with His Father and spent much time in prayer. He had power on earth to forgive sin. "Father forgive them."
2/He felt much pain and suffering and He is our Great High Priest. "I thirst."
3/The Son of God loved me and gave Himself for me, He is a personal Saviour and cares for us as individuals even when on the cross with so much going on He could say "behold thy mother, behold thy son."
4/So much was achieved at the cross , through faith one thief responded. "today though shalt be with me in Paradise."
5/We are never forsaken, He bore the punishment for our sin. We just have to accept it by faith. "my God my God why hast thou forsaken me."
6/The price was paid in full.
He paid a debt He did not owe;
I owed a debt I could not pay;
I needed someone to wash my sins away.
And, now, I sing a brand new song,
“Amazing Grace.”
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.

He paid that debt at Calvary.
He cleansed my soul and set me free.
I'm glad that Jesus did all my sins erase.
I, now, can sing a brand new song,
“Amazing Grace.”
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.

One day He's coming back for me
To live with Him eternally.
Won't it be glory to see Him on that day!
I, then, will sing a brand new song,
“Amazing Grace.”
Christ Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.
Yes, Jesus paid a debt that I could never pay.


Addressed to the whole Universe "it is finished."
7/The centurion glorified God surely this was a Son of God. Only He could say "Father into your hands I commit my Spirit."
What is your response to Him like the centurion will you acknowledge Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment