Monday 15 September 2014

Gospel Meeting 14/09/2014

Mr. Bruce Clark read Philippians 2 vs.5-11, Luke 6 vs.27-35 and Matthew 18 vs.21-35.
Law and Grace, Forgiveness and Love.
Forgiveness is powerful and is greater than the law.
We are all responsible for nailing the Lord Jesus to the cross because of our sin, but it was the manifestation of the power and love of God, our obedience to Him should be from love not fear.
Our motivation should be Jesus Christ not our selfish interests, we should be transformed and sacrifice self for Him. We should always remember the cost of our forgiveness and that should make us realise that we should forgive others and forgive ourselves. the cross is central "let this mind be in you."               When I survey the wondrous cross,                     
On which the King of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast
Save in the death of Christ my God;
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See, from His head, His hands, His feet.
Sorrow and love flow mingled down,
Did ere such love and sorrow meet,
And thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That  were an offering far too small;
Love so amazing so divine,
Demands  my soul, my life, my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment