Monday 1 December 2014

Gospel Meeting 30/11/2014

Mr. Brian Dunning read Psalm 23
The Psalm speaks about a personal relationship with God.
God's perfect provision for His sheep.
God's preservation of the sheep.
God's presence with the sheep.
God's protection of the sheep.
God's preparation for His own.

God provides for our needs and yet if we have the Shepherd He is all we need.
He leads and guides us, He restores us. He doesn't ignore our sin He deals with it.
Death is a certainty it's the timing that is unknown but for His own there is light beyond death.
"The sky not the grave is our goal."
He knows us, He rebukes us, He encourages us.
We will have enemies but He protects us and gives us more than we can take in.
Goodness, mercy, grace, glory.
We are going to Heaven if we have Jesus.
Psalm 22 vs.1 ¶  « To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. » My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17  I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

31  They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.
Psalm 22 comes before Psalm 23 and speaks about the death on the cross of the Lord Jesus to bear God's judgement for sin. He died for me. Come in repentance and faith then He will be your Shepherd and you will enjoy the benefits of being His.
Your future will not be in Hell but in Heaven with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment