Monday 20 June 2016

Gospel Meeting 19/06/2016

Dr. Gareth Crossley read John 5 vs.31-47.

The Good News of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
There needs to be 2 or better 3 witnesses.
John the Baptist - 
John1 vs.29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
30  This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
31  And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
32  And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.
33  And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.
34  And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
35  Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
36  And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Miracles -
John 3 vs.1  There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2  The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus performed many miracles and He was unique in the amount and variation of them.

The Scriptures -
Luke 24 vs.27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
John 5 vs.39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The Father -
Matthew 16 vs.16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

The Spirit -
John 15 vs.26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The significance of having Jesus the Son of God as our Saviour can never be over emphasised

1 John 4 vs.10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Propitiation means the the death of the Lord Jesus at Calvary is fully accepted by God as complete payment for the judgement we deserve for our sin, Christ died in our place so that we can be forgiven if we repent and put our complete trust in Him. Our lives are personally touched by the Son of God. 



No comments:

Post a Comment