Monday 30 January 2017

Gospel Meeting 29/01/2017

1 Peter 1 vs.1-12.
Joy.
A joy that's inexpressible, unspeakable, and indescribable (Better felt than telt).
Sense it feel it experience it.
vs.8  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

John 20 vs.28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Why do we love Him;
1/ Because of what He is?
2/ Because of who He is?
3/ Because of where He is?

1 / He is our Saviour.

Galatians 2 vs.20 the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Son of God and Son of man.
He died a brutal death at Calvary for us.

2/ We love Him not just for the benefits we receive but because of His character, His behaviour and His teaching. He is altogether lovely.

3/ He is in Heaven

John 14 vs.1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2  In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Our hearts are there with Him, but it's time to serve Him now.

Psalm 16 vs.11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Philippians 1 vs.21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Don't search for joy search for Christ and you will find joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment