Monday 1 August 2016

Gospel Meeting 31/07/2016

Mr. Andrew Elliott read John 11 vs.1-8, 11-32, and 41-46, and John 14 vs.1-6.
John 11 vs.25  Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 14 vs.6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The I AM'S.
Bread - sustenance.
Light - understanding, wisdom, enlightenment.
Door - security,care.
Good Shepherd - paid the price for us to be able to enter the Door.
Vine - expectations on us to follow in His character.

The title Jesus used of I AM speaks to us of who He really was - His power. He was, He is, He will be the I AM.

The Resurrection and the Life - bringing back to life or causing to stand again. Jesus rose again He is the source of resurrection. We are raised from spiritual death to Eternal Life.

Revelation 1 vs.18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Ephesians 2 vs.1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

We have Eternal Security.

We experience great blessings as Christians but in the future there is far more awaiting us than we could ever imagine. 

I am the way, the truth, and the life:

The Way - one way Jesus is the only way, He died to pay the price for our sin, He bore the judgement of God for us.

The Truth - The Bible is God's word the truth, Jesus is the Word. God's purposes WILL be worked out.

The Life -  there is no Salvation in any other.
Acts 4 vs.12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Believest thou this - Do you believe, have you trusted Jesus for your souls Salvation, and have you got Eternal security. It's the only way to Heaven, and the only escape from Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment