Monday 3 July 2017

Gospel Meeting 02/07/2017

Matthew’s Gospel ch27 vs45 – 46
Mark’ Gospel ch15 vs33 – 34
Luke’s Gospel ch23 vs44 – 46
John’s Gospel ch19 vs28 -30

Calvary is the climax of the ages.

The Lord Jesus Christ cried out from the darkness that covered the land, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”
The “why” was a cry of abandonment, but we cannot fully answer for all things during Christ's three dark hours on the Cross.

The speaker gave three suggestions why Christ was forsaken:
1) We do not understand the full heinousness of sin, but God does.
God understands the character, the defilement, and the enormity of sin.
God altogether hates sin, but loves the sinner.
2) We do not comprehend the intrinsic holiness of God, nor can we enter those hours of darkness with Christ.
3) We do not understand divine love.
     We cannot fathom its fullness.
      How much love He has for us…
      “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” – Romans ch8 vs32.

Through faith in the blood Jesus Christ shed at Calvary, you too can know God’s forgiveness.
You can personally experience this tonight, by coming in repentance to The Lord Jesus Christ, asking forgiveness, and accepting Him as your Saviour.

THE COST OF OUR SINS WAS JESUS CHRIST’S FORSAKENNESS.

All our sins – past, present, future are all forgiven by His tremendous love for us.

“Man of Sorrows! What a name
for the Son of God who came
ruined sinners to reclaim!
Hallelujah! What a Saviour! –
Verse from hymn by P.Bliss.

“It is finished”, Jesus Christ said on the Cross – the work was completed.
 Earlier He had said “Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again….” – John’s Gospel ch10 vs17 – 18.
Jesus Christ alone accomplished our redemption, at Calvary.

The first recorded words of Jesus Christ – “… wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?” – Luke’s Gospel ch2 vs49.
The last words of Jesus Christ – “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit” – Luke’s Gospel ch23 vs46.
The latter, a cry of a dependant Man, in communion with His Father.
The Father meted out in His own Son the iniquity of us all.

“How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit, offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” – Hebrews ch9 vs14.

Was there ever love like this, which was expressed at Calvary?

Subsequently, graves were opened and many saints came back to life… the veil of the temple was torn from the top to the bottom, declaring Christ as the mighty conqueror.
Sin, death and Hell were conquered by the power of Christ at Calvary!

Christ now lives on high. The Father has exalted His Son above all.
He is the Victor, able to fully bless all who will come to Him.
Many still do not want to know – they want fables of “evolution”
The Bible simply tells the truth to Man… we were separated from Holy God by our sins… but God provided a means of return into His presence, through His Son.

God’s love is streaming down to us, and here tonight on 02/07/2017, the door is still open for you to accept Christ as your Saviour.
Dear friend, bow to the authority of God.
Repent and turn from your sins – be as the hymn we often sing –
“I have decided to follow Jesus,
No turning back, no turning back.
The world behind me, the cross before me,
No turning back, no turning back”.

Come from self and sin, towards God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Dear friend, are YOU saved?
No?... then you are in danger of perishing!
Make sure you are forgiven and saved tonight… once saved always saved!
Make a decision for Christ tonight and be fully assured of His eternal blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment