Wednesday 25 July 2018

Gospel Meeting 22/07/2018

Luke’s Gospel ch23 vs33 – 45.

 Rudyard Kipling’s famous poem entitled “If” from circa 1895, has the “ifs” of possibilities, options and choices in life.

Here, in this passage of scripture, we find three instances of people using “if” as to doubting the person of The Lord Jesus Christ. Today, little has changed – we still hear people say that He was “just a good man”, “a rebel”, or “he never existed”.
He may divide opinions, families and homes, but Jesus Christ is never devisive – He was very clear on where He came from, what He did in His earthly life, where he is now, and what He will be doing in the future.
Friend, your own eternal destination entirely depends on your response to this Man, The Lord Jesus Christ. Are you wanting to go to Heaven and be with this most wonderful Saviour? Then there is but one road you must take...

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”. John’s Gospel ch14 vs 6.

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”. – The Acts ch4 vs12.

The first “if” we read about at the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, came from the rulers (vs35). 
The religious leaders had made trumped up charges against Him, breaking their own law, to have Him crucified. These people only saw a broken, bloodied, defeated man. They scoffed and derided Jesus Christ, doubting He was the Son of God.
They completely missed it – despite seeing and hearing for three years of Jesus Christ healing the sick and raising the very dead! They were blinded to it.

Friend, are you blinded to the truth of the Gospel of The Lord Jesus Christ?
Earnestly think on these things!
“The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God”.
-   2nd Corinthians ch4 vs4.
Read with an open mind the truth and facts concerning Jesus Christ.
The Man Jesus Christ, crucified on the centre cross at Calvary IS God!

The second “if” came from the Roman soldiers (vs36).
 They also mocked Him, doubting the Sovereign of God. Their thinking was what kind of King allows himself to become like this, hanging on a cross. The soldiers knew all about power and recognised leaders authority to give orders, and saw Jesus Christ as nothing but a broken dying failure.

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father”. – John’s Gospel ch10 vs17 -18.

Friend, who is in control of your life? If you are not serving God, then you are serving Satan. Without Christ, one is a slave to sin.

The Word of God tells us the future, and in a soon coming day this same living Man everyone shall see.
“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen”. – The Revelation ch1 vs7.

“It is written,: “As surely as I live”, says the Lord, “every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God”. – Romans ch14 vs11.

The Lord Jesus Christ will return and judge sin! He has all authority to judge all unconfessed and undealt with sin in our lives.

“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death”. – The Revelation ch1 vs18.

Friend, I urge you -give these eternal matters your greatest attention immediately!

The third “if” in this passage came from a thief crucified alongside Christ (vs39). 
He too doubted this was the Saviour of God, and His ability to save. How can someone hanging on a cross be able to save?...  It was this very fact that gave Him the power to save!

The Saviour of the world had to go to the Cross at Calvary. His whole life was ultimately to be there.

“I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting. For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know I shall not be ashamed”. – Isaiah ch50 vs6 -7.

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God". - 1st Corinthians ch1 vs18.

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief”. – 1st Timothy ch1 vs15.

Despite knowing all that was going to happen to Him at Calvary, being made sin and punished for our sins, He was steadfast. We would all have run the opposite way, but in His most wonderful love towards us He endured it all.

The other thief also crucified with Christ, had a change of heart, repenting of his sins and believed, trusting Jesus Christ to be who He said.  The mocking had ended and in complete contrast he addressed Him as “Jesus, Lord” (vs42). He acknowledged that Jesus Christ had done nothing wrong, but that he and the other thief received the reward of their deeds.
He was forgiven for his sins, and Christ gave this dying man that wonderful assurance “…Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise”. (vs43).
There was no “if” or doubts!

Friend, will you trust Jesus Christ as your Saviour without any “ifs” or doubts?
Will you rejoice to know the peace of having your sins forgiven by the blood of Christ? Will you know the absolute joy of spending eternity with this most lovely Man who died in agony for you?
This world is ripe for judgement and you must urgently read God’s future plans for those who have rejected His Son’s sacrifice for their sins.
No – one can be neutral over The Lord Jesus Christ … what is your own decision?

I pray dear friend, that before you lay down tonight, you will come to Jesus Christ in faith, and repenting of your sinful life ask Him to be your own personal Saviour.


No comments:

Post a Comment