Monday 12 November 2018

Gospel Meeting 11/11/2018

John’s Gospel ch17 vs1 – 26.

7 things concerning the believing people, those given from the Father to His Eternal Son – Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is God’s love – gift to the world (John’s Gospel ch3 vs16), and believers are The Father’s love – gift to Jesus Christ.

1)  Purpose
Jesus Christ has all authority to give eternal life to those believing people whom The Father has given Him. (vs2 – 3).

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish …”
- John’s Gospel ch10 vs27, 28.

2)  Possession
We are Jesus Christ’s possession, we belong to Him! (vs6)
Friend, it is a stark choice – each of us either serve Christ or Satan – who are you belonging to for time and eternity?

“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters”
- Luke’s Gospel ch11 vs23.

3)  Process
Each believer is taken out of the world and separated from the world (vs6)

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him”. – 1st John ch2 vs15.

4)  Positives 
Christ wants His own abundant joy and peace to be inside each of us! (vs13)
Assured of our Salvation and eternal destination through His atoning work on The Cross… a joyful people for Himself!

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ” – Romans ch5 vs1.


5)  Preservation
We are all safe under Divine guardianship!
Not one of us is lost or will be (vs11 – 12)

“… neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one”
- John’s Gospel ch10 vs28 -30.

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus” – Philippians ch1 vs6.

6)  Presence
We will be together with The Lord Jesus Christ! He wants us in His presence! (vs24)
Friend, never listen or be deceived by the lies of the world – the only way into Heaven is through The Lord Jesus Christ.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” – John’s Gospel ch14 vs6.

7)  Permanence
This is not just a visit – we shall see and share His glory for a never – ending eternity! (vs22, 24)

“For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ shall arise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever” – 1st Thessalonians ch4 vs16, 17.

In this we see the full cycle and fulfilment - from Purpose to Permanence!
Absolutely secure in and through God’s Son, Jesus Christ.

Friend, if you are still outside of these richest blessings of The Lord Jesus Christ, then with all my heart I encourage you this night to bow the knee to Him, who is the only Saviour of sinners.
Please do not leave it too late like so many others ( Luke’s Gospel ch16 vs19 – 31), but make a decision to accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour. Turning away from your sinful life, in faith ask Jesus Christ to forgive you and with His sinless blood given at Calvary’s Cross He will cleanse you.

“Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near”
- Isaiah ch55 vs6.

No comments:

Post a Comment