Monday 26 November 2018

Gospel Meeting 25/11/2018

Mark’s Gospel ch1 vs40 – 45

In this passage of scripture The Lord Jesus Christ performs another marvellous miracle, but there is a note of sadness afterwards.

Here, a man is suffering from leprosy – a most vile, horrible condition to bear.
He pleaded to be healed, absolutely knowing that Jesus Christ was able to do so immediately. Jesus Christ could have just spoken the word and healed him, but moved with compassion, He did what no other would have dared to do – touch him!
Leprosy is very contagious, and sufferers made people aware not to come anywhere near them.
However, Jesus Christ is no ordinary Man! He is the greatest physician ever, being God in the flesh!
No-one is beyond His healing, of any nature.

All manner of these horrible diseases were brought about by human rebellion against God, disobeying His truth and bringing sin into the world. God’s loving Creation was never intended to be like this.

Having instantly healed the man, Jesus Christ gave him a strong warning that he was not to tell anyone, but go to the priest and carry out the procedures laid down in the Law for those who had become free from leprosy (Leviticus ch14).
Having then been certified as being clean, he would be free to rejoin the community.

But the man did not follow The Lord’s charge, instead he began to tell everyone what had happened, to the extent that The Lord could no longer publicly enter a city because of the crowds. Very likely he was proclaiming Jesus Christ, but it was misplaced zeal and a very important lesson that we should all obey His word in every way. He knows everything – we do not!

The man preferred to do things his own way.
It is really sad that the song most chosen to be played at one’s funeral in these times is “I Did It My Way”. 
How tragic to enter into a lost eternity without God by doing things your own way!

Jesus Christ made it very clear there was only ONE way –
“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me”
- John’s Gospel ch14 vs6.

Many people came to Jesus Christ and all were healed.
Friend, He invites you to come to Him tonight for the greatest gift ever – forgiveness of your sins through His personal sacrifice for them on Calvary’s Cross. He gave His life’s blood for them - this is how much He loves you and wants you to be in Heaven with Him forever!

“… him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out”
- John’s Gospel ch6 vs37.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to gain forgiveness for your sins, have peace with God, and an eternal home in Heaven.

Please do not be like the leper - he took the healing and the blessing, yet decided to go his own way.


Friend, come in repentance and faith tonight, receive Him as your Lord and Saviour, if you have never yet done so.

1) I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2) The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

3) Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.

4) My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

5) Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back, no turning back.




No comments:

Post a Comment