Monday 5 August 2019

Gospel Meeting 04/08/2019


Romans ch7 vs18 – 20
Galatians ch2 vs20, ch1 vs21 – 24

Many of us are prone to speaking about ourselves!
It is fine, as long as we are not constantly boasting or self – absorbed.
In these scriptures, the apostle Paul speaks about himself – and its good news concerning God! This world is full of bad news every day, but the Gospel is ever the best news that mankind can hear.

You too can experience the same life – change as Paul, by having the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.
Dear reader, do you know Jesus Christ as your own Saviour? Can you say all your sins have been forgiven?

Paul appreciated both his own sinful state within himself, and the care he received from his Saviour.

“… the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me”

Paul knew The Lord Jesus Christ loved him personally, and it is exactly the same for you and I tonight.

Paul was one of the worst persecutors of Christians until being saved by the grace of God and then became one of the great preachers of the Gospel.
Dear reader, he can transform your life too if you would only let him in!
Paul went from saying there “was no good thing dwelling in him”, to “Christ liveth in me”! Jesus Christ changes lives!
Oh, that you too may know a changed life through accepting Jesus Christ as you Lord and Saviour.

We all like to see ourselves in a positive light, but Paul is completely honest to the condition of his heart and before God. He is so very conscious of his sin, calling himself the worst –

“… Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief”
-   1st Timothy ch1 vs15

We each need to look into our hearts like Paul.
By God’s holy standards we have all miserably failed and our sins are most offensive to Him. We are all utterly guilty before God.
Dear reader, whatever you may feel guilty about in your life, Jesus Christ will forgive you and fully save you. There is no – one too bad to be saved, and no – one too good that doesn’t need to be saved.

“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”
-  Romans ch3 vs23

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”
-  Romans ch6 vs23

To stay in sin means a terrible lost eternity.
There are many solemn warnings concerning the reality of Hell for the unsaved, who will face judgement.

Turn to the only answer for sinners -  the Saviour of sinners, Jesus Christ.

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”
-  The Acts ch4 vs12

He is not only a worldwide Saviour, but also a most personal Saviour, and Paul basked in the personal love and care of The Lord Jesus Christ.
If you are feeling unloved, come to Jesus Christ in repentance and faith tonight, and know the greatest love of all. It is easy for someone to say they love you, but actions have to prove this.
 On Calvary’s Cross, God’s eternal Son, Jesus Christ, proved His immeasurable love for us all. There, He suffered intensely for us and died to pay the price of our sins through the sacrifice of His sinless body. He was punished for our sins – such wonderful love!
You too can say tonight “the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me”!

Do you appreciate this love beyond measure?
Do you have a response in your heart?
May you too know this night, like Paul, the reality of the love of The Lord Jesus Christ in your heart and life.

1.      What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought
Since Jesus came into my heart!
I have light in my soul for which long I had sought,
Since Jesus came into my heart!

Since Jesus came into my heart!
Since Jesus came into my heart!
Floods of joy o’er my soul like the sea billows roll,
Since Jesus came into my heart!

2.      I have ceased from my wand’ring and going astray,
Since Jesus came into my heart!
And my sins which were many are all washed away,
Since Jesus came into my heart!

3.      I’m possessed of a hope that is steadfast and sure,
Since Jesus came into my heart!
And no dark clouds of doubt now my pathway obscure,
Since Jesus came into my heart!

4.      There’s a light in the valley of death now for me,
Since Jesus came into my heart!
And the gates of the City beyond I can see,
Since Jesus came into my heart!

5.      I shall go there to dwell in that City I know,
Since Jesus came into my heart!
And I’m happy, so happy as onward I go,
Since Jesus came into my heart!
(Hymn by Rufus Henry McDaniel)

No comments:

Post a Comment